Donaghadee Lifeboat,

County Down, Northern Ireland



Donaghadee harbour was built in 1820 to accommodate the mail ships, with the 21 mile crossing between it and Portpatrick being the shortest journey from Scotland to Ireland. The lighthouse, which stands 16 metres tall, was built in 1836 and consists of cut limestone. It remained unpainted for a long time, although in approx. 1870 it was decided to have it painted white, as is the tradition for the majority of lighthouses. Donaghadee is home to one of the RNLI Lifeboat stations, a voluntary organisation offering mariners rescue facilities 365 days a year. Today, Donaghadee is popular with tourists for its various sea food restaurants.

Our pictures measure 10" by 8", and are supplied mounted & ready for framing - more information on the pictures may be found on our Picture Info page.

Each picture is priced at 8 plus a delivery charge, based on your location; details of our postages charges may be found on Ordering Info. To purchase this picture, please select the relevant delivery option from the menu, and then click on "Add to Basket".


Previous Photograph Return to main B&W Gallery Next Photograph



Copyright © 2011 pictureNI.com